Develop a Five Year Data Architecture Plan
Secure your footings in data to lay a foundation that will withstand the winds and rain of the IT disruptors of today and tomorrow.
- Cloud computing is here today and even if you aren’t using it, your competitors are.
- Mobile computing is allowing for access to corporate data from anywhere at any time.
- Trusting your data goes beyond the quality of what it is, to knowing where it came from, who has had access to it, and how to use it.
- Data virtualization is changing data integration, warehousing, and reporting, but it also illuminates data quality issues.
- Big data is a big deal. It is changing everything data related from the infrastructure through to the analysis.
- Analytics are creating business value by finding hidden and unknown information buried in big structured and unstructured data.
- An enterprise level data architecture will help you deal with and plan for data disruptions.
- A holistic view of data repositories, governed by set principles, policies, and guidelines relevant to the organization and the information it manages will prepare you for dealing with changes in data, technology, and resource requirements.
- At the root of all data is a person, place, or thing: use your master data as an index to connect your data repositories. Master data management (MDM) maintains a single source of truth for people, places, and things relevant to an organization. Use a MDM repository as an enterprise data integration index.
Impact and Result
- Data architecture provides a holistic view of enterprise data repositories, their relationships with each other, and ownership.
- Data architecture sets the principles, policies, and guidelines relevant to an organization and the information it manages.
- Master data repositories provide a location-independent view of the truth.
- Master data needs to be the most trusted data in the organization.
- Master data management provides the relationships to derivatives of the people, places, and things.
- Master data provides the keys to linking big structured and unstructured data, and is the basis on which analytics are performed.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.