Own the Cloud: Strategy and Action Plan
Cloud computing is not the future, it is the current reality. Be it on-premises or off, public or private, IT must have a strategy and plan for brokering cloud services.
- The C-suite, vendors, and competitors are applying pressure on IT to pursue cloud. Others are benefitting from its elasticity, agility, availability, and IT efficiency gains, but is it worth it for your organization?
- Neglecting cloud as an option may result in missed opportunities to lower costs or improve service to the business.
- Identifying which infrastructure or services belong in the cloud is challenging and difficult to standardize, creating a significant barrier to formulating an overall strategy.
- The cloud is not a place. Though hosted private and public cloud are attractive outsourcing targets, they are not the whole story of either outsourcing or cloud computing.
- Hybrid is the goal. Most organizations (enterprise and SMB) are pursuing a strategy of on-premises and off site, public and private clouds together in hybrid.
- Cloud is not fire and forget. A strong cloud strategy, much like the management of individual cloud services, requires ongoing management and needs to account for changes to people, processes, and technology to be successful.
Impact and Result
- Build broad consensus on goals and expected results of moving select processes to the cloud to form the basis of a strategy that enables the business.
- Perform an IT assessment to determine the organizational readiness to adopt cloud services.
- Develop a standardized, systematic approach for evaluating the benefits, challenges, and risks of cloud projects.
- Define a target state and action plan to present to business stakeholders, execute the strategy, and build guiding principles to advance maturity in leveraging cloud services.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.