Enterprise Content Management
Select and Implement an Enterprise ContentManagement Solution
Understand the ECM vendor market, make an informed decision, and take a bottom-up,process-based approach for an agile solution implementation.
- Organizations everywhere are transforming their information management practices, and look to introduce or update enterprise content management (ECM) solutions as a foundational piece.
- The ECM market is confusing and there is a need to disambiguate the players, shortlist and evaluate solutions, and arrive at a vendor decision.
- ECM technology is in a mature and saturated market, but not all solutions compare equally and understanding the nuances is a daunting task.
- ECM ends up serving many different use cases across the organization; coordinating and satisfying all of these needs requires a structured approach.
- Organizations often underestimate the effort involved with content transformations and attempt to roll out to too many areas at once.
- ECM is a key piece of digital transformation. Quality information provides a foundation for innovation.
- No single ECM platform will satisfy all needs. The final solution for total content management will include add-ons, customization, network drives, and data and app integrations.
- ECM technology on its own is not enough. To truly realize the benefits of ECM on an on-going basis a program is needed to manage it as a capability.
Impact and Result
- Understand where you want to go by setting an ECM program vision aligned to your organization’s greater enterprise information management (EIM) vision, and by structuring your ECM selection and implementation project accordingly.
- Align your ECM solution selection to the organization’s broader ECM/EIM system architecture (including network drives, other content management products, data architectures, and enterprise or LOB applications).
- Explore the ECM vendor market through a use-case lens and benchmark performance of key functions to make an informed decision about requirements and priorities.
- Structure and conduct due diligence activities when evaluating solutions in order to validate vendors’ claims during the selection process and arrive at a confident vendor selection.
- Implement the ECM program gradually, and in a way that avoids common pitfalls, overcomes resistance to change, and minimizes the need for costly re-work, by following Info-Tech’s bottom-up, process-based approach for ECM.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.