Design and Implement a VulnerabilityManagement Program
Know what to protect and know when you’re overprotecting.
- Scanners, industry alerts, and penetration tests are revealing more and more vulnerabilities, and it is unclear how to manage them.
- Organizations are struggling to prioritize the vulnerabilities for remediation, as there are many factors to consider including the threat of the vulnerability and the potential remediation itself.
- Further, companies are unaware of the risk implications that come from leaving vulnerabilities open, and even from some of the remediation options.
- Patches are often seen as the only answer to vulnerabilities, but these are not always the most suitable solution.
- Vulnerability management does not equal patch management. It includes identifying and assessing the risk of the vulnerability, and then selecting a remediation option which goes beyond just patching alone.
- There is more than one way to tackle the problem. Leverage your existing security controls in order to protect the organization.
Impact and Result
- Design and implement a vulnerability management program that identifies, prioritizes, and remediates vulnerabilities.
- Follow Info-Tech’s methodology in assigning urgencies to vulnerabilities by examining the intrinsic qualities of the vulnerability, as well as the sensitivity of the data and business criticality of the affected asset.
- Understand what needs to be considered when implementing remediation options including patches, configuration changes, and/or defense-in-depth controls.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.