Establish a Sustainable Vendor Management Office
Lay the foundation for a vendor management process that is built to last.
- A large percentage of organizations do not have a formalized vendor management process, leaving the entire organization vulnerable to poor business outcomes.
- Because it is so hard to quantify ROI for vendor management activities and resources, it often doesn’t get done effectively.
- Managing vendors is a cross-functional endeavor. Without a solid internal foundation, effective vendor management is likely to fall short of achieving value-added outcomes.
- Define what vendor management means for your organization. The definition is dependent on your organization’s size and structure.
- Vendor management does not exist in a vacuum. It is integrated and dependent on other business and IT processes, such as project management, requirements gathering, procurement, and compliance.
- The internal relationships need to be strong before your vendor relationships can be strong. Make sure your organization can present a united front.
- Understand exactly where you are consuming resources in terms of people and time invested into these solutions. This is a holistic perspective on resource allocation that will drive visibility upwards to senior management and force a ROI or cost-benefit dialogue.
Impact and Result
- Taking a proactive approach to managing your vendors will help negotiate relationships where everyone’s best interests are accommodated.
- The approach begins by laying the foundation for a thorough vendor management function within your organization.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.