The complete content can contain several files!
Select and Implement an ERP Solution
- ERP projects are multi-year commitments; sufficient planning needs to be done upfront to ensure milestones are reached and end benefits are realized.
- Organizations rarely have sufficient internal resources to power an ERP implementation project, forcing them to turn to external partnerships.
- Inadequate requirements can stall the implementation and lead to unrealized ROI. Seventy percent of ERP implementations fail due to a lack of a clear description and specification of functional requirements.
- The ERP technology market is so vast that it becomes nearly impossible to know where to start or how to differentiate between vendors and products.
- Ad hoc procurement creates untracked, unlicensed software purchases. A hasty and uninformed selection is doomed to result in the wrong solution.
- Selecting a best-fit solution requires balancing needs, cost, and capability. Scrutinize your technology needs in relation to internal capability for a stronger selection and implementation approach.
- ERP is a career-killer. Upfront investment of time and resources into project planning will prevent post-implementation regret.
- Don’t buy best of breed; buy best for you. Be meticulous in your selection process to evaluate vendors against your needs, not their needs against your budget.
- Partner selection is just as important as technology selection – if not more important. Selecting a partner that is a fit for your organization is absolutely critical. Ensure you understand what due diligence is required in partner selection.
Impact and Result
- Leverage Info-Tech’s comprehensive three-phased approach to ERP selection projects. Start with assessing your organization’s preparedness to go into the selection stage, moving through technology selection, and preparing for ERP implementation.
- Conduct an ERP project preparedness assessment as a means to ensure you maximize the value of your time, effort, and spend.
- Build a phased roadmap to document decision making, resourcing considerations, and milestone stage gates, and promote traceability.
- Determine what use case your organization fits into and review the relevant vendor landscape, common capability, and areas of product differentiation. Review Info-Tech’s market analysis to short-list vendors for your RFP process.
- Take advantage of traceable and auditable selection tools to run an effective demonstration evaluation and selection process. Be prepared to answer the retroactive question, “why this ERP?” with documentation of your selection process and outputs.
- Use Info-Tech’s ERP implementation framework to kick-start the planning for your ERP implementation project.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.