Develop and Implement a Security Risk Management Program
- To build an information security program, the organization must have a strong understanding of the risks it faces to help prioritize the controls or initiatives.
- Security risk is often difficult for business leaders to understand, as it falls out of the realm of their typical expertise.
- There is no one universal framework or methodology that can be used when it comes to risk management.
- Much of assessing and managing risk comes from making assumptions around certain threats, which are often weakly informed.
- The best security programs are built on defensible risk management. These can ensure security decisions are made based on risk reduction benefit instead of frameworks alone.
- All risks can be quantified and incorporated into Info-Tech’s defensible model.
- Security risk management allows organizations to go from security uncertainty to saying confidently whether or not they are providing the correct level of security.
Impact and Result
- Develop a security risk management program to properly assess and manage the risks that affect your information systems.
- Tie together all the aspects of your risk management program, including your information security risk tolerance level, threat and risk assessments, and mitigation effectiveness models.
- Move away from framework-driven security programs and build a program that is based on the unique risk profile of your organization.
- Use Info-Tech’s Security Risk Register Tool to track all the different threats to the organization and understand what is above or below an acceptable level of risk.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.