Select and Implement a Next Generation Endpoint Protection Solution
Today’s security battles are fought at the endpoint.
- As the market evolves, capabilities that were once cutting edge become default and new functionality becomes differentiating.
- Vendors use a lot of marketing jargon, buzzwords, and statistics to sell their solutions, making objective evaluation rather difficult.
- The endpoint protection (EPP) market is overcrowded and fragmented, resulting in information overload and consequently, a difficult vendor assessment.
- Disparate product solutions are being bundled into one-off solutions or suites, often resulting in less efficient solutions than the more niche players.
- Imminent obsolescence is an issue. Previous EPP solutions have not adapted with the rapidly evolving threat landscape and are no longer relevant, resulting in breaches or vulnerabilities.
- Don’t let vendors and market reports define your endpoint protection needs. Identify the use cases and corresponding feature sets that best align with your risk profile before evaluating the vendor marketspace.
- Your security controls are diminishing in value (if they haven’t already). Develop a strategy that accounts for the rapid evolution and imminent obsolescence of your endpoint controls. Plan for future needs when making purchasing decisions today.
- Endpoint protection is a matter of defense in depth and risk modelling, there is no silver bullet protection and mitigation solution. As end-client-technology providers release regular product/software updates, security tools will become outdated. Multiyear endpoint protection commitments will leave you playing a constant game of catch up.
Impact and Result
- The solution is a holistic internal security assessment that not only identifies, but satisfies, your desired endpoint protection feature set with the corresponding endpoint protection suite and a comprehensive implementation strategy.
- Use this blueprint to walk through the steps of selecting and implementing an endpoint protection solution that best aligns with your organizational needs.
Find other templates and tools
15.000 strategy documents, models, tools and frameworks
In our ambition to offer our customers an even greater value locally and globally, Radar has established a close collaboration with the global company InfoTech Research Group. The collaboration gives our subscribers at no additional cost, access to more than 15,000 strategic documents, models, frameworks and tools in fifty different IT Best Practice areas. You can read more (swedish) here.
Contact us for assistance
How do I get access to the material
All documents and templates are available for direct download through the portal – like other analyzes and reports. Access requires active subscription. The portal is supplemented regularly with new material. If you do not find what you are looking for, please contact us via the form or use our on-line chat.
Access to the material falls under Radars subscription!
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.