Select and Implement a SIEM Solution
- In the face of increasing regulatory pressures and headline-grabbing hacking activities, enterprises are deploying an ever increasing volume of dedicated security tools. As a result, they are drowning in log and alert data to the point where the tools inhibit their own value.
- Implementing Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) allows enterprises to manage and respond to an ever-widening range of threats and compliance requirements by consolidating, aggregating, correlating, and reporting on security events. Taking action based on correlated data is accelerated, and detailed reporting supports obligations to demonstrate the specific measures the enterprise is taking to be compliant.
- Getting a strong product evaluation allows organizations to enhance enterprise security at a manageable cost. Making the wrong choice could mean higher costs, lower security, or both.
- The SIEM market is undergoing rapid developments. In existence for just over a decade, the market is still maturing and product sets continue to be rationalized. Market consolidation is constantly occurring with large security vendors purchasing smaller dedicated SIEM vendors. The threat and regulatory landscape is making SIEM a more and more attractive technology for security firms and customers. Major leaps are being made in advanced capabilities as specialized correlation and analytic features are commercialized.
- At first glance a SIEM may cause a panic attack. It will highlight various threats, risks, and vulnerabilities you may have not known about. Stay calm and realize the technology is providing a greater visibility into your organization’s security standing.
- Various deployment and management options are making SIEM technology available to all levels of security organizations. Near full out-of-the-box solutions are being used by smaller organizations. Managed security service provider (MSSP) offerings are appearing, and can reduce the ongoing costs to a manageable level. High-demand organizations command with as many as five full-time equivalents (FTEs) monitoring and managing the system to respond to threats in real time.
Impact and Result
- Understand what’s new in the SIEM market and where it’s heading.
- Develop a strong understanding of the top SIEM vendors and their offerings to identify a best-fit product for your organization.
- Create a selection and implementation strategy that allows you to choose the right-sized vendor, and receive the greatest value for your organization.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.