Strategically Recruit and Retain More Women in IT
Win the war for talent with straightforward tactics to help you build an effective talent strategy.
Is your IT organizational design built for success?
- The war on talent is here, and talent has won. IT has been one of the fastest growing sectors with nearly 1.4 million job openings between 2008 and 2018. However, with the unemployment rates hitting record lows in 2017, CIOs increasingly struggle to attract and retain top IT talent.
- While the number of jobs in IT has increased dramatically, the percentage of women in IT has decreased from 35% of IT jobs being held by women in 1990 to only 26% in 2013 (Huffington Post).
- The challenge is not a lack of talented women in IT available to fill roles, but rather, organizations lack an effective strategy to recruit and retain women in IT.
- Retaining and attracting top women is good business, not personal. As per McKinsey Global Institute, “$4.3 trillion of additional annual GDP in 2025 could be added to the U.S. by fully bridging the gender gap.”
- In the war on talent, having a strategy around how you will recruit & retain of women in IT is Marketing 101. What influences whether women apply for roles and stay at organizations is different than men; traditional models won’t cut it.
Impact and Result
To stay competitive, IT leaders need to radically change the way they recruit and retain talent, and women in IT represent one of the largest untapped markets for IT talent. CIOs need a targeted strategy to attract and retain the best, and this requires a shift in how leaders currently manage the talent lifecycle. Info-Tech offers a targeted solution that will help IT leaders:
- Build a Recruitment Playbook: Leverage Info-Tech tools to effectively sell to, search for, and secure top talent.
- Build a Retention Strategy: Follow Info-Tech’s step-by-step process to identify initiatives and opportunities to retain your top talent.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.