Develop and Conduct Threat and Risk Assessments
- IT departments are tasked with implementing new projects or initiatives, but are often unsure how to assess the risk with these.
- Often, stakeholders will have an informal discussion regarding any risks and make a final decision based on that.
- Informal, ad hoc discussions do not allow for informed risk assessments, which can affect how the organization as a whole manages risk.
- Even for companies looking to adopt formal risk management, there are numerous frameworks and assessment techniques that offer best-practice advice but no clear methodology on how to complete a threat and risk assessment.
- When evaluating risk, standardize your risk assumptions. There will be a need to establish clear definitions for frequency and impact of potential threats, and this will be useful across future risk assessments and across your risk environment.
Impact and Result
- Use Info-Tech’s risk assessment methodology to quantifiably evaluate the threat severity for any new or existing project.
- Determine the scope of the assessment and build frequency and impact definitions in order to have a repeatable process.
- Make informed risk treatment decisions based on the results – whether to accept, transfer, mitigate, or terminate the risk.
- Connect your threat and risk assessment results to your wider risk management program. Doing this can inform the organization as to the macro level of risk that it faces.
radar ecosystem specialists
Hammarby allé 47
SE-120 30, Stockholm SWEDEN
Tel: +46 8 12 20 80 00
Radar levererar produkter och tjänster till såväl leverantörer som köpare av IT. Våra insikter och tjänster skapar möjligheten att styra, inte med svansen och information om vad som redan skett, utan med information om nuläge, planer och prioriteringar.